As Your Agent, We Will:
- Schedule a one hour buyer consultation at our office to go over the home buying process, answer any questions you have, set you up on a home search and give you a binder to take home full of resources including the current real estate purchase contract.
- Give you a list of lenders that we enjoy working with to talk about financing so you can provide us with a comfortable monthly payment.
- Assure that you see all the properties in the area that meet your criteria.
- Provide you with information on new construction and inventory homes. You will not get a lower price by choosing to be unrepresented (the builder rep/agent represents the builder only).
- Make sure you don’t pay too much for your new home and help you avoid costly mistakes.
- Answer all of your questions about the local market area, including schools, neighborhoods, the local economy, and more.
- Check your credit rating. Straighten out any errors before its too late.
- Determine a comfortable monthly budget for your new purchase, including down payment and monthly payment.
- Find a loan that meets your needs and get pre-qualified (preferably pre-approved).
- Choose a REALTOR® that you trust and who understands your needs.
- Determine what area(s) best matches your needs.
- Identify the “must have’s” for your home.
- Lender fees include charges for loan processing, underwriting, preparation and establishing an escrow account.
- Third-party fees include charges for insurance, title search, and other inspections such as termites.
- Government fees include deed recording and state & local mortgage taxes.
- Escrow and interest fees include homeowner’s insurance, loan interest, real estate taxes, and occasionally private mortgage insurance.
If you come across a home you like but aren’t sure if it’s in your budget, there are several calculators you can use to estimate your monthly payment. This calculator will give you your Principle + Interest Payment and your Estimated PMI (mortgage insurance you will pay until you reach 20%) Be sure to add taxes (yearly divided by 12), home owner’s insurance (around $60 per month) and any additional monthly association/condo fees to the Principle + Interest and Estimated PMI. Your interest rate will vary, however you can use 4% to get an accurate estimate with today’s interest rates (11/22/2016). Your loan amount is the purchase price minus your down payment (3.5%, 5%, + of the purchase price).
Calculate Monthly Payment