A home that is completely new, one that no one else has “used” or lived in. It’s yours alone, for you and your loved ones to build memories in. Everything is brand new – from the foundation to the finish carpentry.
But overseeing the building of your new home can be time-consuming and frustrating.
That’s where we come in.
We can help you manage the construction of your new home or help you find an inventory home in many communities throughout Central Ohio.
There are many factors that differ when building a new home from buying an existing home, and we pride ourselves in being leaders in the Columbus Area in selling new homes.
For many years, Sue was an on site sales representative for two local custom home builders, was the Director of New Homes for King Thompson Realtors and she also teaches courses through the BIA (local Building Industry Association) on building, selling and marketing new construction. In other words, she knows what she’s doing – inside and out!
Together, we have sold hundreds of new homes for Buyer clients. Columbus is a “one price town” when it comes to new construction. In other words, you don’t get a better price on a new home if you don’t have Realtor representation. Doesn’t it make sense to have one of Columbus’ most knowledgeable and new construction savvy Realtor? teams represent your interests when building your new home? You will be introduced to areas, subdivisions, builders, contracts and warranties. We will make recommendations on what to include in your new home, both for your enjoyment and for the resale value of your new home. When building… communication is key. Since it doesn’t cost you any more to have us involved in your new build process, let us open and maintain the doors of communication!
As your Realtor representing you with building a new home, we provide the following services:
- Narrow down and locate subdivision, lot, price, plat and/or topographic information to meet your needs and wants
- Review and provide deed restrictions for various subdivisions, counties, townships, etc.
- Provide experienced professionalism when assisting clients in choosing a home site and/or neighborhood
- Provide information and/or information sources for schools (public, private and religious), child care, churches, synagogues, recreation, shopping, etc.
- Show builder’s spec and will build homes and resale properties, providing experience and background information regarding the contractors, neighborhoods, etc.
- Provide avenues with which to verify reputation and service aspects of the building companies and/or the appreciation of housing in the area
- Provide financing options (lot loans, constructions loans, end loans, bridge loans, loan assumptions, FHA and VA loans, whatever you need…we’ll find!)
- Provide lender, attorney, inspector, mover and insurance agent names and phone numbers for Buyer to “interview”
- Assist with Lot purchase
- Write and negotiate purchase offer/contract on client’s behalf.
- Assist in general and/or specific selections on home – make recommendations based on our experience in new home construction
- Gather rental information if a “double move” is needed
- Provide “trailing spouse” help for locating employment opportunities
- Handle all the title work coordination, inspections and closing procedures